The Punch Attack is one of Knuckles the Echidna's signature moves. It is a basic triple punch combo Knuckles delivers to his opponents.
When using the Punch Attack, Knuckles must stand firmly on the ground. He then punches his opponent in front of him with his fists up to three times in a successive combo attack. This is done in gameplay by pressing the Action Button three times in succession. In Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle the Punch Attack can be enhanced with the Hammer Gloves, which allows Knuckles to break iron craters.
The performance of the combo slightly differs from each game. It usually follows a quick one-two jab, followed by a third, more powerful strike.
Sonic Adventure 2Edit
- Move Combo: Knuckles punches with his right fist while putting a little body weight into the strike
- Move Combo: Knuckles follows up with a more reckless punch with his left fist while putting a little body weight into the strike.
- Move Combo: Knuckles finishes with a jump into the air while delivering a twisting uppercut with his left fist.
Sonic the HedgehogEdit
- Move Combo: Knuckles delivers a full-force strike with his right fist. This is called the Heat Knuckle.
- Move Combo: Knuckles follows up with a quick spin to build up momentum and strikes with his right fist. This is called the Back Claw.
- Move Combo: Knuckles finishes by jumping into the air and punches into the ground with his right fist, which sends out a delayed red shock-wave. This is called the Stone Breaker Punch.